1. Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of personal data, which is information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, from you depending on how you interact with our Website. Most of the information collected in the registration process will be used to process orders. During the order process, you may have to provide financial information such as your credit card number, expiration date, money order, wire transfer or check information. This information is used for billing purposes and to fulfill your order. If we have trouble processing an order, we will use your contact information to get in touch with you. To properly process your credit card information, we may have to share your personal and financial information with the merchant bank for authorization and approval. By providing us with this information, you are authorizing us to provide such information with the merchant bank.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
• Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
• Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
• Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
Promotions or Surveys: When you enter a contest or sweepstakes ("promotion") or participate in a survey or poll ("survey") we may ask you to provide your name, address, phone number and e-mail address. Sometimes we use third-party services to administer and administer and conduct our promotions, if you use those services when participating in a promotion the policies, including privacy policies, of those third-parties will apply in addition to ours. We use the information we collect on promotion entry forms to administer your participation in the promotions and for other purposes stated on the entry form. Our surveys ask for opinions on various issues and may be sponsored by our advertisers and partners.
Information obtained through surveys is aggregated and used internally. We also share survey information with advertisers and marketing partners in an aggregated form that does not personally identify you. In the event personal information is requested as part of a survey, such personal information will only be provided to unaffiliated third parties after ensuring that depending on the circumstances you have either consented or not objected.
Automatic Data Collection Technologies: As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
• Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
• Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type. We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track user movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. We do not link IP addresses to personally identifiable information, and we do not distribute or share IP information with any third parties unless otherwise required by law.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
• Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
• Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
• Recognize you when you return to our Website.
2. Cookies and Web-Beacons
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
• Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
• Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or and for other related website statistics.
Mobile Device IDs and Location-Based Information: Certain mobile devices contain unique device IDs that can be used to identify their physical location. When you use mobile devices to access our Services, we may collect and transmit unique device IDs and collect caller ID data, as well as other information about your device, including without limitation, your wireless carrier, the make, model, operating system, capacity and settings of your device, the names, package IDs and versions of other software you have downloaded to your device and information about how you interact with and navigate within our Service. You can withdraw your consent to the further collection and use of your precise device location data through any of our mobile apps by accessing your device’s privacy settings as further explained below.
3. How We Use Your Personal Data.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
• To present our Website and its contents to you.
• To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
• To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
• To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
• To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
• To process orders.
• In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
• For any other purpose with your consent.
4. Disclosures of Your Personal Data
• To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
• To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to perform functions on our behalf in our business. These functions may include order fulfillment, package delivery, marketing assistance, postal and e-mail delivery, customer service, data analysis, and credit processing. The third parties we contract for these purposes have limited access to your personal information and may not use it for other purposes.
• To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
• To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
• For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
• With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
• To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the NFMA, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
5. Your Choices Regarding Personal Data
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
• Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by emailing your request to fleamarkets.org.
• Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address or contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by emailing your request to fleamarkets.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company because of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
6. Data Security
We have implemented security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
7. EU Data Subjects Terms Privacy Rights
Individuals in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) have certain rights in respect to their personal information, including the right to access, correct, or delete personal data we process through your use of the Website, software, and/or services. If you are a user based in the EEA, you can request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us by sending us an email at fleamarkets.org. These access rights may not apply in some cases, including where providing access is unreasonably burdensome or expensive under the circumstances or where it would violate the rights of someone other than the individual requesting access.
We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may request specific information from you to confirm your identity. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. In some circumstances we may charge a reasonable fee for access to your information.
If you are based in the EEA and do not believe we have complied with data protection laws, you have the right to contact your local supervisory authority.
8. Children’s Privacy
We are committed to complying with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). NFMA’s Website and the services therein are not directed to children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16. If we receive personal information that we discover was provided by a child under the age of 16, we will promptly destroy such information. Additional information is available on the Direct Marketing Association's home page at http://www.the-dma.org. If you would like to learn more about COPPA, visit the Federal Trade Commission home page at http://www.ftc.gov.
9. Third Party Links
11. How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or wish to register a complaint in relation to this Privacy Notice or the way your personal data is used by us, please contact us by any of the following means:
By Email: NFMA@fleamarkets.org
By Post: National Flea Market Association
P.O. Box 436
Wales, WI 53183-9998